by Sarah Joseph In Eatock v Bolt, decided on September 28, the (in)famous conservative columnist and commentator Andrew Bolt was found to have breached the Racial Discrimination Act 1975 (Cth) (the “RDA”) in writing two particular articles published in 2009, “It’s so hip to be black” and “White fellas in the black”. In the articles, […]
Archive | Andrew Bolt RSS feed for this archive
About the Castan Centre
Based in the Law Faculty at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, the Castan Centre seeks to promote and protect human rights through policy, public education, research and student programs.
Visit our main site
- Great new @hrlc report on #asylumseekers from #SriLanka: ow.ly/uuxfa 4 hours ago
- This is a fanstic @VEOHRC training opportunity - working with people with mental illness: ow.ly/uus20 #humanrights 6 hours ago
- Dianne Feinstein - one day an ultra liberal, the next day an ultra conservative: ow.ly/uuoKC #CIA #NSA #Snowden 6 hours ago
- Democratic Senator - normally an administration loyalist - upbraids CIA for coverups: ow.ly/uuoyP 6 hours ago
- If you'll be in #Italy this May, get along to this outstanding "access to asylum" conference hosted by our academics: ow.ly/urZFJ 23 hours ago
- An open letter to Prime Minister Tony Abbott
- Andrew Bolt, Free Speech, and Racial Intolerance
- Protecting children’s rights in Asian tourism destinations: What more can be done?
- M47 Case – High Court Rules that Refusal of Refugee Protection is not ASIO's Job
- Guest Blog: National pride and national unity: why we should get rid of the racial discrimination in our Constitution
- The High Court and the Freedom of Political Communication
- Too big to be sued? US Supreme Court further limits corporate human rights litigation
- The unravelling of civil liberties in Queensland
- Humanitarian Intervention in Libya
- 2014 Global Interns Take Off
Posts on this blog represent the views of the individual authors and not Castan Centre policy. Comments are welcome, but inflammatory, offensive or irrelevant comments will be removed.