By Marius Smith When a cavalcade of international diplomatic stars, including Hillary Clinton and Ban Ki Moon, sit down in London on Thursday with Somali officials, politicians and business people to discuss the country’s future, a very large elephant will be in the room. The main issues up for discussion include a new government, piracy, […]
Archive | Somalia RSS feed for this archive
About the Castan Centre
Based in the Law Faculty at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, the Castan Centre seeks to promote and protect human rights through policy, public education, research and student programs.
Visit our main site
Donate to the Castan Centre
Four out of every five dollars we raise comes from fundraising. Would you like to know more about our work?
Yes, I want to find out more
- RT @brynnobrien: Few surprises here: ASX companies with most & least women senior execs/female workforces http://t.co/Yw6tv1YNXh 5 hours ago
- Fifth International Conference on Human Rights Education "Advancing Universal Human Rights Culture" (Washington) ow.ly/CbN7U 16 hours ago
- Thanks for all the positive feedback on our fun #humanrights videos. Check them out here if you haven't: haveyougotthatright.com #auslaw 1 day ago
- RT @thegenderagency: Check out @CastanCentre new #humanrights video series haveyougotthatright.com via @PearsonElaine 1 day ago
- 2015 Summer Human Rights Institute, a two-week certificate program in July with Fordham Law School in New York ow.ly/DxARq 1 day ago
- The High Court and the Freedom of Political Communication
- The High Court reminds us that immigration detention is not simply at the government’s pleasure
- Is the criminalisation of homosexuality in the Commonwealth a relic of the British Empire?
- Andrew Bolt, Free Speech, and Racial Intolerance
- Deterring and denying asylum seekers in Australia
- Guest Post: “Nothing About Us Without Us”: National Responses to the CRPD Six Years On
- Hurting the most vulnerable: the Disability Discrimination Act does not apply to immigration law
- Children’s Ground: A model that could end intergenerational poverty in Australia
- Extradition and Mutual Assistance Changes Slip in under the Radar
- Have You Got That Right?