By Marius Smith When a cavalcade of international diplomatic stars, including Hillary Clinton and Ban Ki Moon, sit down in London on Thursday with Somali officials, politicians and business people to discuss the country’s future, a very large elephant will be in the room. The main issues up for discussion include a new government, piracy, […]
Archive | Somalia RSS feed for this archive
About the Castan Centre
Based in the Law Faculty at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, the Castan Centre seeks to promote and protect human rights through policy, public education, research and student programs.
Visit our main site
- Great to see the AMA also calling for the gap in imprisonment rates to be closed #closethegap #auslaw ow.ly/Y9gPA 35 minutes ago
- "Listen to us, engage with us, empower us" - Stan Grant on closing the political gap #closethegap #auspol ow.ly/Y9gww 1 hour ago
- RT @MonashLawSchool: "500% increase in self-harm by children": @CastanCentre's Dr Stephen Gray on the NT Intervention #closethegap https://… 2 hours ago
- Malaria drug given to #asylumseekers on #ManusIsland known to cause mental health problems #auspol ow.ly/Y8OOB 3 hours ago
- .@GillianTriggs not consulted on special envoy for #humanrights or sex discrimination officer appointments #auspol ow.ly/Y8MEb 4 hours ago
- Our Damning report on the Intervention
- The 2015 Human Rights Report – Why commercial surrogacy should be legalised
- Closing the Gap, very slowly
- Hurting the most vulnerable: the Disability Discrimination Act does not apply to immigration law
- A silly season blog: Tintin and Human Rights
- Latest Case Law Trends: the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights
- Jeopardising access to justice for people experiencing mental illness
- M47 Case – High Court Rules that Refusal of Refugee Protection is not ASIO's Job
- Have You Got That Right?
- Is the Australian government scared of children?
Posts on this blog represent the views of the individual authors and not Castan Centre policy. Comments are welcome, but inflammatory, offensive or irrelevant comments will be removed.