By Marius Smith When a cavalcade of international diplomatic stars, including Hillary Clinton and Ban Ki Moon, sit down in London on Thursday with Somali officials, politicians and business people to discuss the country’s future, a very large elephant will be in the room. The main issues up for discussion include a new government, piracy, […]
Archive | Somalia RSS feed for this archive
About the Castan Centre
Based in the Law Faculty at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, the Castan Centre seeks to promote and protect human rights through policy, public education, research and student programs.
Visit our main site
Donate to the Castan Centre
Four out of every five dollars we raise comes from fundraising. Would you like to know more about our work?
Yes, I want to find out more
- If you didn’t make it to our Gala you missed a fantastic night but you can still catch @timsout speech on #freedom ow.ly/G5e03 10 minutes ago
- US Supreme Court refused to delay order that would permit #samesex couples to marry in Florida after Jan 5 ow.ly/GfLnf #LGBTI 30 minutes ago
- Kenya parliament approves controversial anti-#terrorism law ow.ly/GfLiu #humanrights 50 minutes ago
- Let people be who they are: #LGBTI rights are human rights. Video of our public event with @MichaelCJT on youtube ow.ly/G5cOB 2 hours ago
- If you like photos of cute babies we have one for you in our newsletter as well as news, events, opinion & interns ow.ly/G5fJa 16 hours ago
- The High Court reminds us that immigration detention is not simply at the government’s pleasure
- A closer look at the Pussy Riot phenomenon
- Ian Thorpe came out, but not in Australia – a wise decision
- Have You Got That Right?
- Andrew Bolt, Free Speech, and Racial Intolerance
- Expert Panel on Asylum Seekers' Report (1): The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- ASIO Security Assessments can now be reviewed, but not by the courts
- Expunging convictions for gay sex: an old wrong is finally righted
- Latest Case Law Trends: the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights
- 2013 Reconciliation Week Blog - "On Reconciliation"