By Marius Smith When a cavalcade of international diplomatic stars, including Hillary Clinton and Ban Ki Moon, sit down in London on Thursday with Somali officials, politicians and business people to discuss the country’s future, a very large elephant will be in the room. The main issues up for discussion include a new government, piracy, […]
Archive | Somalia RSS feed for this archive
About the Castan Centre
Based in the Law Faculty at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, the Castan Centre seeks to promote and protect human rights through policy, public education, research and student programs.
Visit our main site
Donate to the Castan Centre
Four out of every five dollars we raise comes from fundraising. Would you like to know more about our work?
Yes, I want to find out more
- We are running a 1 day business & #humanrights training course in October. Click through to see the details ow.ly/znMBW 4 hours ago
- @clarezillaa who would want to unfollow all of this awesomeness?! #Castanconf 13 hours ago
- RT @KieranRyan_: Just learnt SO MUCH about abortion and laws around abortions. Boy oh boy! Thanks Ronli Sifris #castanconf 13 hours ago
- @gazzy_d awww. #Castanconf 14 hours ago
- @mikedav84 Our pleasure. Glad you've enjoyed it. #Castanconf 14 hours ago
- Commonwealth Games: is it time to stop playing?
- The High Court's Sri Lanka asylum seeker case: the legal issues
- Our People
- The High Court and the Freedom of Political Communication
- Guest Blog: The unravelling of civil liberties in Queensland
- Freeing the RDA 'Free Speech' submissions
- M47 Case – High Court Rules that Refusal of Refugee Protection is not ASIO's Job
- IDAHO Day Post: Why the Pacific islands are no gay paradise
- 2014 Castan Human Rights Report: LGBTI rights around the world, A rollercoaster ride!
- Handing over Tamils to the state they fled breaks international law