By Marius Smith When a cavalcade of international diplomatic stars, including Hillary Clinton and Ban Ki Moon, sit down in London on Thursday with Somali officials, politicians and business people to discuss the country’s future, a very large elephant will be in the room. The main issues up for discussion include a new government, piracy, […]
Archive | Somalia RSS feed for this archive
About the Castan Centre
Based in the Law Faculty at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, the Castan Centre seeks to promote and protect human rights through policy, public education, research and student programs.
Visit our main site
Donate to the Castan Centre
Four out of every five dollars we raise comes from fundraising. Would you like to know more about our work?
Yes, I want to find out more
- RT @timsout: Looking forward to @CastanCentre Gala dinner tonight - impressive list of auction and raffle items ow.ly/Dc4AT 2 hours ago
- Our Gala dinner is tonight! have a look at the list of amazing auction and raffle items on offer ow.ly/Dc4AT 2 hours ago
- RT @profsarahj: Last auction item for @castancentre dinner has been locked in. You can bid now for dinner with Tony Jones, and I will take … 2 hours ago
- RT @MsCastan: Check out the Ultimate Human Rights Library Collection at our @CastanCentre fundraiser auction: law.monash.edu.au/castancentre/p… 16 hours ago
- The 2nd Annual National Indigenous Career Advancement Forum - Sydney November 2014 ow.ly/zWXAp #indigenous #employment #retention 1 day ago
- The High Court reminds us that immigration detention is not simply at the government’s pleasure
- Andrew Bolt, Free Speech, and Racial Intolerance
- Freeing the RDA 'Free Speech' submissions
- Violence against women is becoming more violent: special International Women's Day post
- 2014 Castan Human Rights Report: Gender-based violence - beyond the first 20 years
- The Right to Silence Takes a Beating in NSW
- Why Tim Wilson is wrong about "n______"
- The Migration Legislation Amendment (Offshore Processing and Other Measures) Bill 2011
- Humanitarian Intervention in Libya
- Nystrom v Australia – Human Rights Umpire Snubbed Again