By Marius Smith When a cavalcade of international diplomatic stars, including Hillary Clinton and Ban Ki Moon, sit down in London on Thursday with Somali officials, politicians and business people to discuss the country’s future, a very large elephant will be in the room. The main issues up for discussion include a new government, piracy, […]
Archive | Somalia RSS feed for this archive
About the Castan Centre
Based in the Law Faculty at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, the Castan Centre seeks to promote and protect human rights through policy, public education, research and student programs.
Visit our main site
- Join @TomCBallard & show your support for #humanrights by donating to our annual appeal ow.ly/MMtWV http://t.co/sq1i5EBzh3 7 hours ago
- Join @TomCBallard & show your support for #humanrights by donating to our annual appeal ow.ly/MMtWV http://t.co/CGwJFWqIRQ 10 hours ago
- .@adelanavarro edits Zeta magazine. Hear her experiences as a journalist in Mexico at the #CastanConference ow.ly/N7tsP 11 hours ago
- We have launched our 2015 Human Rights Report - which covers just some of the many issues facing humanity today ow.ly/N7BqM 11 hours ago
- RT @ClaytonUtz: So happy to see new book by @DrPaulaGerber & @MsCastan launched last night (and to be research linkage partner) http://t.co… 13 hours ago
- It's time to modernise Australia's birth registration system
- The 2015 Human Rights Report – Going to jail for not having a birth certificate? It happens
- Open letter in support of the Australian Human Rights Commission
- The High Court and the Freedom of Political Communication
- Humanitarian Intervention in Libya
- Prisons, overcrowding and human rights
- Freedom of Speech Going Backwards in Vietnam
- Rights to bigotry and green lights to hate
- The Whitehaven hoax: ratbag act or legitimate protest?
- From state security to human security: frameworks for refugee protection
Posts on this blog represent the views of the individual authors and not Castan Centre policy. Comments are welcome, but inflammatory, offensive or irrelevant comments will be removed.