By Marius Smith When a cavalcade of international diplomatic stars, including Hillary Clinton and Ban Ki Moon, sit down in London on Thursday with Somali officials, politicians and business people to discuss the country’s future, a very large elephant will be in the room. The main issues up for discussion include a new government, piracy, […]
Archive | Somalia RSS feed for this archive
About the Castan Centre
Based in the Law Faculty at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, the Castan Centre seeks to promote and protect human rights through policy, public education, research and student programs.
Visit our main site
Donate to the Castan Centre
Four out of every five dollars we raise comes from fundraising. Would you like to know more about our work?
Yes, I want to find out more
- Thanks to everyone for another fantastic biennial dinner last night. Special thanks to @TheClaireHooper for a great hosting job. 22 hours ago
- Our Gala dinner is tonight! have a look at the list of amazing auction and raffle items on offer ow.ly/Dc4AT 1 day ago
- RT @profsarahj: Last auction item for @castancentre dinner has been locked in. You can bid now for dinner with Tony Jones, and I will take … 1 day ago
- RT @MsCastan: Check out the Ultimate Human Rights Library Collection at our @CastanCentre fundraiser auction: law.monash.edu.au/castancentre/p… 2 days ago
- The 2nd Annual National Indigenous Career Advancement Forum - Sydney November 2014 ow.ly/zWXAp #indigenous #employment #retention 2 days ago
- Jeopardising access to justice for people experiencing mental illness
- Extradition and Mutual Assistance Changes Slip in under the Radar
- M47 Case – High Court Rules that Refusal of Refugee Protection is not ASIO's Job
- Humanitarian Intervention in Libya
- Transparency and accountability – is the UN leading by example?
- Explainer: Does Cambodia refugee deal comply with the convention?
- The High Court reminds us that immigration detention is not simply at the government’s pleasure
- The High Court's Sri Lanka asylum seeker case: the legal issues
- Open letter to the Attorney-General regarding the Optional Protocol to the Convention against Torture
- Hurting the most vulnerable: the Disability Discrimination Act does not apply to immigration law