By Marius Smith When a cavalcade of international diplomatic stars, including Hillary Clinton and Ban Ki Moon, sit down in London on Thursday with Somali officials, politicians and business people to discuss the country’s future, a very large elephant will be in the room. The main issues up for discussion include a new government, piracy, […]
Archive | Somalia RSS feed for this archive
About the Castan Centre
Based in the Law Faculty at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, the Castan Centre seeks to promote and protect human rights through policy, public education, research and student programs.
Visit our main site
Donate to the Castan Centre
Four out of every five dollars we raise comes from fundraising. Would you like to know more about our work?
Yes, I want to find out more
- .@HRW's 2015 world report addresses key human rights issues in more than 90 countries & territories worldwide ow.ly/Ij6qS 6 minutes ago
- We are looking for a Marketing / Communications Volunteer to help raise awareness of the Castan Centre & its work ow.ly/HZ5UF 10 minutes ago
- Hong Kong pro-democracy rally returns to streets, police flank protesters ow.ly/Ij5BN #OccupyHK #UmbrellaMovement #humanrights 36 minutes ago
- Seen our "Have you got that right?" video project? We are looking for new volunteer writers for season 2! apply here ow.ly/HBG9j 51 minutes ago
- At least 1,375 Iraqis killed in January, most civilians ow.ly/Ij5vq #humanrights 1 hour ago
- M47 Case – High Court Rules that Refusal of Refugee Protection is not ASIO's Job
- Expunging convictions for gay sex: an old wrong is finally righted
- The Human Rights (Parliamentary Scrutiny) legislation: an important but “second best” development
- The High Court and the Freedom of Political Communication
- Prisons - Help or Hindrance?
- Guest Blog: National pride and national unity: why we should get rid of the racial discrimination in our Constitution
- 2013 Reconciliation Week Blog - Symbolism, change and reconciliation
- Why Tim Wilson is wrong about "n______"
- Our People
- Deterring and denying asylum seekers in Australia