By Marius Smith When a cavalcade of international diplomatic stars, including Hillary Clinton and Ban Ki Moon, sit down in London on Thursday with Somali officials, politicians and business people to discuss the country’s future, a very large elephant will be in the room. The main issues up for discussion include a new government, piracy, […]
Archive | Somalia RSS feed for this archive
About the Castan Centre
Based in the Law Faculty at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, the Castan Centre seeks to promote and protect human rights through policy, public education, research and student programs.
Visit our main site
- Brazil to sue BHP, Vale for $7b in damages for Samarco dam burst theage.com.au/business/-glaa… 2 hours ago
- As the PM poured the tea, Gillian Triggs came in from the cold. But don't expect any change to refugee policy yet m.smh.com.au/comment/triggs… 1 day ago
- RT @CliveSSmith: Mothers of Saudi kids set to be crucified for protesting ask to be executed with their sons, ibtimes.co.uk/saudi-arabia-k… @Repr… 1 day ago
- At a college in Kurdish Syria, Rojava tries to train its future leaders. mobile.nytimes.com/2015/11/29/mag… 1 day ago
- Nth Syria is ruled by militant feminist anarchists. It's constitution enshrines gender equality & religious freedom slate.com/blogs/xx_facto… 1 day ago
- The 2015 Human Rights Report – Why commercial surrogacy should be legalised
- Injunction against the Government's Malaysian 'Arrangement'
- Charlie Hebdo: the pen must defy the sword, Islamic or not
- Another chimpanzee personhood claim fails, but there's hope yet
- Operation Sovereign Borders and the "Drownings Argument"
- Open letter to the Attorney-General regarding the Optional Protocol to the Convention against Torture
- The High Court and the Freedom of Political Communication
- Latest Case Law Trends: the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights
- Prisons, overcrowding and human rights
- On the ground at Australia's Universal Periodic Review
Posts on this blog represent the views of the individual authors and not Castan Centre policy. Comments are welcome, but inflammatory, offensive or irrelevant comments will be removed.