By Marius Smith When a cavalcade of international diplomatic stars, including Hillary Clinton and Ban Ki Moon, sit down in London on Thursday with Somali officials, politicians and business people to discuss the country’s future, a very large elephant will be in the room. The main issues up for discussion include a new government, piracy, […]
Archive | Somalia RSS feed for this archive
About the Castan Centre
Based in the Law Faculty at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, the Castan Centre seeks to promote and protect human rights through policy, public education, research and student programs.
Visit our main site
Donate to the Castan Centre
Four out of every five dollars we raise comes from fundraising. Would you like to know more about our work?
Yes, I want to find out more
- Do we have a #humanright to be free from #surveillance? our “Have you got that right” series that will tell you ow.ly/EcdUZ 2 hours ago
- Many people don’t fully understand their #humanrights. That’s where our new video project comes in. ow.ly/EcdQZ 6 hours ago
- @VicLawFoundn Thanks! 13 hours ago
- There are just a few days left to apply for our in-house inter program - there are summer and sem 1 places ow.ly/EcfSy 15 hours ago
- Indigenous postgrad students: apply for a prestigious Charlie Perkins Scholarship to study at Oxford or Cambridge: perkinstrust.com.au/how-to-apply.h… 18 hours ago
- Latest Case Law Trends: the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights
- Prisons, overcrowding and human rights
- Have You Got That Right?
- The High Court and the Freedom of Political Communication
- Questioning the queue: blocking protection to asylum seekers in Indonesia
- Jeopardising access to justice for people experiencing mental illness
- Is there a human right to voluntary euthanasia?
- 2014 Global Interns Take Off
- 2013 Refugee Week Blog: Oceans apart: compassion, politics and refugees
- What can Australia learn from other countries about Birth Registration?