By Marius Smith When a cavalcade of international diplomatic stars, including Hillary Clinton and Ban Ki Moon, sit down in London on Thursday with Somali officials, politicians and business people to discuss the country’s future, a very large elephant will be in the room. The main issues up for discussion include a new government, piracy, […]
Archive | Somalia RSS feed for this archive
About the Castan Centre
Based in the Law Faculty at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, the Castan Centre seeks to promote and protect human rights through policy, public education, research and student programs.
Visit our main site
- Monash #Law students our Global Internship program closes MONDAY. Funded places in NYC, Geneva & KL available ow.ly/QjnGb 1 hour ago
- Analyse contemporary legal dimensions of the human rights of racial, ethnic & linguistic minorities - Masters of Law ow.ly/Qgo1d 5 hours ago
- .@RightsAgenda: Badly flawed #Citizenship Bill should not be passed ow.ly/Qg2gE 10 hours ago
- Thinking postgrad #humanrights? What about Victorian Charter of Rights & Responsibilities, taught by @KateHumanRights ow.ly/Qgo00 10 hours ago
- Want an incredible experience w/ an international human rights organisation? Global Internship program closes MONDAY ow.ly/QjnFb 10 hours ago
- Joint Statement of Support for Adam Goodes
- Rights to bigotry and green lights to hate
- Rights and the non-human animal
- Operation Sovereign Borders and the "Drownings Argument"
- The 2015 Human Rights Report – Why commercial surrogacy should be legalised
- Guest Blog: Racism is a moral bad that our law should combat
- The High Court reminds us that immigration detention is not simply at the government’s pleasure
- The 2015 Human Rights Report – Harsh treatment of asylum seekers breaches human rights
- Is the criminalisation of homosexuality in the Commonwealth a relic of the British Empire?
Posts on this blog represent the views of the individual authors and not Castan Centre policy. Comments are welcome, but inflammatory, offensive or irrelevant comments will be removed.