By Marius Smith When a cavalcade of international diplomatic stars, including Hillary Clinton and Ban Ki Moon, sit down in London on Thursday with Somali officials, politicians and business people to discuss the country’s future, a very large elephant will be in the room. The main issues up for discussion include a new government, piracy, […]
Archive | Somalia RSS feed for this archive
About the Castan Centre
Based in the Law Faculty at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, the Castan Centre seeks to promote and protect human rights through policy, public education, research and student programs.
Visit our main site
- .@ASRC1 are recruiting a Solicitor & Migration Agent ow.ly/RtBve 1 day ago
- RT @van_elies: Thank you @CastanCentre and Holding Redlich @AdviceLineLaw for a great event. Honour & pleasure to talk on #CCoutlaws http:/… 1 day ago
- RT @MariamVeiszadeh: Obituary in @smh today for #AylanKurdi, who drowned "in the coldness of human indifference" #auspol #WeCanDoBetter … 1 day ago
- RT @CastanEvents: van Sliedregt: If states want an international criminal system, they have to create solutions for those acquitted/who ser… 2 days ago
- What happens after an international criminal tribunal acquits someone? Follow #CCoutlaws from 6.05pm (15 mins time) to find out. 2 days ago
- Operation Sovereign Borders and the "Drownings Argument"
- The High Court and the Freedom of Political Communication
- 2013 Refugee Week Blog: Hope. It's all I've got left
- The 2015 Human Rights Report – Why commercial surrogacy should be legalised
- Latest Case Law Trends: the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights
- M47 Case – High Court Rules that Refusal of Refugee Protection is not ASIO's Job
- Children’s Ground: A model that could end intergenerational poverty in Australia
- The ethics of enforced child vaccinations
- The 2015 Human Rights Report – The latest refugee laws weaken protection for the vulnerable
- Community and legal groups say it’s time to strengthen Victoria’s Human Rights Charter
Posts on this blog represent the views of the individual authors and not Castan Centre policy. Comments are welcome, but inflammatory, offensive or irrelevant comments will be removed.