By Erica Contini Like any good citizen, I voice my opinion on issues that are important to me by writing to my elected representatives in congress. Lucky for me, I am a US citizen and therefore have the constitutionally protected right to do just that. Even luckier, I generally think I can do so without […]
Author Archives | Erica Contini
About the Castan Centre
Based in the Law Faculty at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, the Castan Centre seeks to promote and protect human rights through policy, public education, research and student programs.
Visit our main site
- @ACLU challenges Michigan ID policy on behalf of #transgender individuals ow.ly/Nni09 #LGBTI 42 minutes ago
- At our conference @DrPaulaGerber asks can a Rights of the Child approach provide guidance on regulation of #surrogacy ow.ly/N7v7Y 47 minutes ago
- #Myanmar President signs bill requiring some mothers to space the births of their children three years apart ow.ly/NnhTy 1 hour ago
- Peru declares period of martial law in Arequipa where residents are protesting the construction of a copper mine ow.ly/NnhQg 2 hours ago
- research finds Low-income families the biggest losers from Coalition's budget ow.ly/NnhpK 3 hours ago
- The 2015 Human Rights Report – Prisoners’ rights: a missed opportunity for the Victorian Charter
- The 2015 Human Rights Report – When prison authorities should be charged with contempt
- The High Court and the Freedom of Political Communication
- Latest Case Law Trends: the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights
- Humanitarian Intervention in Libya
- The High Court reminds us that immigration detention is not simply at the government’s pleasure
- Deterring and denying asylum seekers in Australia
- Homophobia is alive and well in the world of cricket
- Have You Got That Right?
- The SARC review of the Victorian Charter of Rights and Responsibilities - profoundly disappointing
Posts on this blog represent the views of the individual authors and not Castan Centre policy. Comments are welcome, but inflammatory, offensive or irrelevant comments will be removed.