By Erica Contini Like any good citizen, I voice my opinion on issues that are important to me by writing to my elected representatives in congress. Lucky for me, I am a US citizen and therefore have the constitutionally protected right to do just that. Even luckier, I generally think I can do so without […]
Author Archives | Erica Contini
About Erica Contini
About the Castan Centre
Based in the Law Faculty at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, the Castan Centre seeks to promote and protect human rights through policy, public education, research and student programs.
Visit our main site
Donate to the Castan Centre
Four out of every five dollars we raise comes from fundraising. Would you like to know more about our work?
Yes, I want to find out more
- RT @thegenderagency: Check out @CastanCentre new #humanrights video series haveyougotthatright.com via @PearsonElaine 1 hour ago
- 2015 Summer Human Rights Institute, a two-week certificate program in July with Fordham Law School in New York ow.ly/DxARq 7 hours ago
- Iowa Human Rights Commission honors local residents' work ow.ly/DxMjU 9 hours ago
- Nearly 25 million food insecure in Sahel due to fighting in CAR, Mali and Nigeria ow.ly/Dy2zX #humanrights 12 hours ago
- @KenRoth Sarah J from @castancentre here. Do check out our new human rights vid series at haveyougotthatright.com cc @PearsonElaine 13 hours ago
- Have You Got That Right?
- Protecting the rights of LGBTI people: are things getting better or worse?
- Andrew Bolt, Free Speech, and Racial Intolerance
- The High Court's Sri Lanka asylum seeker case: the legal issues
- The High Court reminds us that immigration detention is not simply at the government’s pleasure
- Extradition and Mutual Assistance Changes Slip in under the Radar
- Is the criminalisation of homosexuality in the Commonwealth a relic of the British Empire?
- 2014 Castan Human Rights Report: Gender-based violence - beyond the first 20 years
- Expert Panel on Asylum Seekers' Report (2): Changes to Migration Act sideline human rights
- M47 Case – High Court Rules that Refusal of Refugee Protection is not ASIO's Job