By Erica Contini Like any good citizen, I voice my opinion on issues that are important to me by writing to my elected representatives in congress. Lucky for me, I am a US citizen and therefore have the constitutionally protected right to do just that. Even luckier, I generally think I can do so without […]
Author Archives | Erica Contini
About Erica Contini
About the Castan Centre
Based in the Law Faculty at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, the Castan Centre seeks to promote and protect human rights through policy, public education, research and student programs.
Visit our main site
Donate to the Castan Centre
Four out of every five dollars we raise comes from fundraising. Would you like to know more about our work?
Yes, I want to find out more
- Bats out for Phillip Hughes at Gillon Oval in Brunswick. #63notout #putoutyourbats http://t.co/ZBSBkuVZp4 1 hour ago
- Do we have a #humanright to #MarriageEquality? our “Have you got that right” series that will tell you ow.ly/EcdXm 6 hours ago
- one day left to apply for our in-house internship program ow.ly/EcfUt @MonashLawSchool @monashlss @Monash_LSS_JD 8 hours ago
- Last chance to RSVP for next week's symposium on Indigenous birth registration: ow.ly/F0Sl2 1 day ago
- RT @MonashUni: The next instalment in @CastanCentre's #HaveYouGotThatRight video series explores the issue of euthanasia: http://t.co/dH9EK… 1 day ago
- Have You Got That Right?
- Expunging convictions for gay sex: an old wrong is finally righted
- Prisons, overcrowding and human rights
- Extradition and Mutual Assistance Changes Slip in under the Radar
- The High Court and the Freedom of Political Communication
- Questioning the queue: blocking protection to asylum seekers in Indonesia
- From state security to human security: frameworks for refugee protection
- Victorian children to be seen and not heard
- Guest Blog: The unravelling of civil liberties in Queensland
- Andrew Bolt, Free Speech, and Racial Intolerance