By Erica Contini Like any good citizen, I voice my opinion on issues that are important to me by writing to my elected representatives in congress. Lucky for me, I am a US citizen and therefore have the constitutionally protected right to do just that. Even luckier, I generally think I can do so without […]
Author Archives | Erica Contini
About Erica Contini
About the Castan Centre
Based in the Law Faculty at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, the Castan Centre seeks to promote and protect human rights through policy, public education, research and student programs.
Visit our main site
Donate to the Castan Centre
Four out of every five dollars we raise comes from fundraising. Would you like to know more about our work?
Yes, I want to find out more
- This masters subject focuses on the protection & promotion of Women's human rights, still a 21st century challenge ow.ly/KI1Jc 14 hours ago
- We are looking for the next generation of #humanrights leaders - applications for our in-house interns are open now ow.ly/KESrd 18 hours ago
- Father Bernard Kinvi saved hundreds of Muslims during sectarian violence in the CAR – hear from him at our next event ow.ly/KXtio 19 hours ago
- Feast your eyes on the @humanrightsfest program. Melbourne, 7 - 21 May. ow.ly/LvGYx 19 hours ago
- Did you know the Castan Centre is on Facebook? Follow us for updates on major human rights news & centre activities ow.ly/KXsrk 19 hours ago
- Latest Case Law Trends: the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights
- The 2012 National Human Rights Action Plan – a Step Forward if You Live in the Right State
- Have You Got That Right?
- It's Time to recognise Indigenous Australia
- The High Court and the Freedom of Political Communication
- Open letter in support of the Australian Human Rights Commission
- The ethics of enforced child vaccinations
- Our People
- Referendum on banning the Burqa? No thanks
- Freeing the RDA 'Free Speech' submissions