By Erica Contini Like any good citizen, I voice my opinion on issues that are important to me by writing to my elected representatives in congress. Lucky for me, I am a US citizen and therefore have the constitutionally protected right to do just that. Even luckier, I generally think I can do so without […]
Author Archives | Erica Contini
About Erica Contini
About the Castan Centre
Based in the Law Faculty at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, the Castan Centre seeks to promote and protect human rights through policy, public education, research and student programs.
Visit our main site
Donate to the Castan Centre
Four out of every five dollars we raise comes from fundraising. Would you like to know more about our work?
Yes, I want to find out more
- Working to keep the peace: The impact of job schemes on ex-rebels ow.ly/JNqVz 1 hour ago
- India-Pakistan: The new victims of an old border dispute ow.ly/JNqTE 1 hour ago
- .@y_alibhai: Thanks to Channel 4 we now see just how appallingly Yarl’s Wood detention centre shames Britain ow.ly/JNqNZ 2 hours ago
- Women fear for safety in mixed asylum centre in Limerick ow.ly/JNqGa #asylumseekers #humanrights 2 hours ago
- Paris tent camp reflects plight of Europe's #asylumseekers ow.ly/JNqBN 3 hours ago
- The Human Rights (Parliamentary Scrutiny) legislation: an important but “second best” development
- Hicks conviction overturned – is he owed an apology or assistance?
- The High Court reminds us that immigration detention is not simply at the government’s pleasure
- The High Court and the Freedom of Political Communication
- Hurting the most vulnerable: the Disability Discrimination Act does not apply to immigration law
- Closing the Referendum gap
- Latest Case Law Trends: the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights
- Charlie Hebdo: the pen must defy the sword, Islamic or not
- Rights and the non-human animal
- Remembering the Rule of Law