By Erica Contini Like any good citizen, I voice my opinion on issues that are important to me by writing to my elected representatives in congress. Lucky for me, I am a US citizen and therefore have the constitutionally protected right to do just that. Even luckier, I generally think I can do so without […]
Author Archives | Erica Contini
About Erica Contini
About the Castan Centre
Based in the Law Faculty at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, the Castan Centre seeks to promote and protect human rights through policy, public education, research and student programs.
Visit our main site
Donate to the Castan Centre
Four out of every five dollars we raise comes from fundraising. Would you like to know more about our work?
Yes, I want to find out more
- International Criminal Court Summer School, 15-19 June. Galway, Ireland. ow.ly/Gg7Yr 3 hours ago
- Want to do your PhD in Florence? applications for the European University Institute’s Doctoral Programme are open ow.ly/G4H32 4 hours ago
- Morocco's workplace #gender gap widens ow.ly/GfTB2 #womensrights #humanrights 8 hours ago
- Is child labour a thing of the past? ow.ly/GfTs4 9 hours ago
- Contraversial proposed abortion bill in Missouri would require the father’s written consent ow.ly/GfTkb #womenshealth 9 hours ago
- Have You Got That Right?
- Expunging convictions for gay sex: an old wrong is finally righted
- Sky should now withdraw its Australia Network tender
- Ian Thorpe came out, but not in Australia – a wise decision
- Open letter to the Attorney-General regarding the Optional Protocol to the Convention against Torture
- Children will soon be seen AND heard by the UN
- Short and long videos from our 2012 Conference - Kerry Arabena on Indigenous Constitutional recognition
- UN Expert Committee says Australia must do much better at protecting children's rights
- Extradition and Mutual Assistance Changes Slip in under the Radar
- As region’s homophobia turns deadly, let’s stand up for rights