By Erica Contini Like any good citizen, I voice my opinion on issues that are important to me by writing to my elected representatives in congress. Lucky for me, I am a US citizen and therefore have the constitutionally protected right to do just that. Even luckier, I generally think I can do so without […]
Author Archives | Erica Contini
About Erica Contini
About the Castan Centre
Based in the Law Faculty at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, the Castan Centre seeks to promote and protect human rights through policy, public education, research and student programs.
Visit our main site
Donate to the Castan Centre
Four out of every five dollars we raise comes from fundraising. Would you like to know more about our work?
Yes, I want to find out more
- Vietnam and Australia are to compare notes on #humanrights - @radioaustralia asks @PearsonElaine of @HRW about it ow.ly/zGIlt 1 hour ago
- RT @DrPaulaGerber: Should Australia legally recognise same-sex marriages validly performed overseas? wp.me/p1b66r-Fq via @CastanCent… 1 hour ago
- Better management of dead and missing migrants needed in Europe ow.ly/zGI6Y #humanrights 1 hour ago
- Planned dams threaten Cambodia's food security ow.ly/zGHFk #fish #foodsecurity #humanrights #agriculture #development #health 2 hours ago
- Dozens die as fighting intensifies in #Gaza; children killed at refugee camp ow.ly/zGLJK 2 hours ago
- The High Court's Sri Lanka asylum seeker case: the legal issues
- Should Australia legally recognise same-sex marriages validly performed overseas?
- Commonwealth Games: is it time to stop playing?
- Freeing the RDA 'Free Speech' submissions
- 2014 Castan Human Rights Report: Human rights in need of aid
- Guest Blog: The unravelling of civil liberties in Queensland
- Jeopardising access to justice for people experiencing mental illness
- The High Court and the Freedom of Political Communication
- 2014 Castan Human Rights Report: Australia's growing prisons crisis