By Erica Contini Like any good citizen, I voice my opinion on issues that are important to me by writing to my elected representatives in congress. Lucky for me, I am a US citizen and therefore have the constitutionally protected right to do just that. Even luckier, I generally think I can do so without […]
Author Archives | Erica Contini
About Erica Contini
About the Castan Centre
Based in the Law Faculty at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, the Castan Centre seeks to promote and protect human rights through policy, public education, research and student programs.
Visit our main site
Donate to the Castan Centre
Four out of every five dollars we raise comes from fundraising. Would you like to know more about our work?
Yes, I want to find out more
- The Australian Federal Police will have blood on its hands if the Bali pair is executed: ow.ly/I3R5Z #deathpenalty 8 hours ago
- We are looking for a Marketing / Communications Volunteer to help raise awareness of the Castan Centre & its work ow.ly/HZ5y0 8 hours ago
- @KaldorCentre @UNSW is looking for a Centre Executive Manager to oversee their day-to-day activities in #refugee law ow.ly/HZccF 10 hours ago
- RT @MarkmcdermottM: @CastanCentre can't you just let these precious human beings out. They ain't done nothing wrong. Most of them are fleei… 12 hours ago
- The AFP will have blood on its hands if the Bali pair are executed, writes our @RonliSifris: ow.ly/I3R5Z #deathpenalty 12 hours ago
- Australia can detain asylum seekers on the high seas, the High Court decides
- Prisons, overcrowding and human rights
- Expert Panel on Asylum Seekers' Report (1): The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
- Extradition and Mutual Assistance Changes Slip in under the Radar
- Latest Case Law Trends: the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights
- Should Australia legally recognise same-sex marriages validly performed overseas?
- The major reproductive rights developments from OP CEDAW Cases
- Guest Blog: The unravelling of civil liberties in Queensland
- The High Court's Sri Lanka asylum seeker case: the legal issues
- Children’s Ground: A model that could end intergenerational poverty in Australia