By Erica Contini Like any good citizen, I voice my opinion on issues that are important to me by writing to my elected representatives in congress. Lucky for me, I am a US citizen and therefore have the constitutionally protected right to do just that. Even luckier, I generally think I can do so without […]
Author Archives | Erica Contini
About Erica Contini
About the Castan Centre
Based in the Law Faculty at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, the Castan Centre seeks to promote and protect human rights through policy, public education, research and student programs.
Visit our main site
Donate to the Castan Centre
Four out of every five dollars we raise comes from fundraising. Would you like to know more about our work?
Yes, I want to find out more
- RT @IAR_Australia: #waleedaly up next at #castanconf http://t.co/EzY5MiWFTW 18 minutes ago
- RT @rightsagenda: Be sure to check out #CastanConf throughout the day for discussions from @CastanCentre's #HumanRights conference in Melbo… 18 minutes ago
- RT @AmosElizabeth: Wish I was at the #castanconf in Melbourne! Thanks for those live tweeting: @rightnowinc @CastanCentre @MsCastan @Castan… 50 minutes ago
- RT @AltLJ: Today's special, 5 issues for price of 4 to all who subscribe! altlj.org #castanconf #unaa2014conf http://t.co/OIi… 1 hour ago
- Woot! RT @TrendsMelbourne: #castanconf is now trending in #Melbourne trendsmap.com/au/melbourne 1 hour ago
- Commonwealth Games: is it time to stop playing?
- Guest Blog: The unravelling of civil liberties in Queensland
- The High Court's Sri Lanka asylum seeker case: the legal issues
- Freeing the RDA 'Free Speech' submissions
- An open letter to Prime Minister Tony Abbott
- M47 Case – High Court Rules that Refusal of Refugee Protection is not ASIO's Job
- The Right to Silence Takes a Beating in NSW
- 2014 Castan Human Rights Report: LGBTI rights around the world, A rollercoaster ride!
- Ian Thorpe came out, but not in Australia – a wise decision
- Decriminalising homosexuality worldwide: should Australia get involved?