By Erica Contini Like any good citizen, I voice my opinion on issues that are important to me by writing to my elected representatives in congress. Lucky for me, I am a US citizen and therefore have the constitutionally protected right to do just that. Even luckier, I generally think I can do so without […]
Author Archives | Erica Contini
About the Castan Centre
Based in the Law Faculty at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, the Castan Centre seeks to promote and protect human rights through policy, public education, research and student programs.
Visit our main site
- Vietnam law reform introduces transgender rights gu.com/p/4eg52/stw 6 hours ago
- Expert tells inquest into Ms Dhu's death in custody that institutionalised racism likely in lack of treatment theguardian.com/australia-news… 6 hours ago
- RT @UNGeneva: Wednesday is the International Day to End Violence against Women. #orangetheworld ow.ly/V0M8U https://t.co/aBoVR2… 6 hours ago
- RT @PhilALynch: NGOs from around the world call on States to resist moves to weaken protection of civil society at the UN https://t.co/0tR2… 6 hours ago
- Very concerned at reports that an asylum seeker boat ‘disappeared’ after being towed away from Christmas Is by navy gu.com/p/4eg6t/stw 6 hours ago
- The 2015 Human Rights Report – Why commercial surrogacy should be legalised
- ASIO Security Assessments can now be reviewed, but not by the courts
- Retrospective People Smuggling Bill: a Breach of our Constitution?
- Human rights and religion in Australian Law. Where does the balance lie?
- On the ground at Australia's Universal Periodic Review
- From state security to human security: frameworks for refugee protection
- 2013 Reconciliation Week Blog - Why we need constitutional reform: recognition and equality before the law
- The 2015 Human Rights Report – Prisoners’ rights: a missed opportunity for the Victorian Charter
- Australia gets a rigorous human rights review in Geneva
- The 2015 Human Rights Report – Indigenous Rights 2014/5: Death by a Thousand Paper Cuts?
Posts on this blog represent the views of the individual authors and not Castan Centre policy. Comments are welcome, but inflammatory, offensive or irrelevant comments will be removed.