By Erica Contini Like any good citizen, I voice my opinion on issues that are important to me by writing to my elected representatives in congress. Lucky for me, I am a US citizen and therefore have the constitutionally protected right to do just that. Even luckier, I generally think I can do so without […]
Author Archives | Erica Contini
About Erica Contini
About the Castan Centre
Based in the Law Faculty at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, the Castan Centre seeks to promote and protect human rights through policy, public education, research and student programs.
Visit our main site
- @mix1127 @ANDisability Luckily we do have an event on #disability rights in the works but it's still in the planning stage. Keep an eye out. 3 days ago
- RT @ANDisability: @mix1127 @CastanCentre Our CEO @SuzanneColbert is a great speaker on disability and employment - email email@example.com 4 days ago
- That's what we like to hear. RT @DevittB: Ticket booked for @CastanCentre Human Rights Conference! Can't wait!! 4 days ago
- .@MonashLawSchool's annual Fiat Justitia lecture featuring the CJ of the Vic Supreme Court has a #humanrights theme: ow.ly/ufhEx 5 days ago
- A Victorian police officer has now been sacked over the racist stubby holders: ow.ly/ufe3z 5 days ago
- An open letter to Prime Minister Tony Abbott
- The Human Rights (Parliamentary Scrutiny) legislation: an important but “second best” development
- Protecting children’s rights in Asian tourism destinations: What more can be done?
- The High Court and the Freedom of Political Communication
- The unravelling of civil liberties in Queensland
- Latest Case Law Trends: the International Covenant on Civil and Political Rights
- The evidence is in: the Charter of Human Rights is working for all Victorians
- 2013 Reconciliation Week Blog - Why we need constitutional reform: recognition and equality before the law
- Jeopardising access to justice for people experiencing mental illness
- The SARC review of the Victorian Charter of Rights and Responsibilities - profoundly disappointing
Posts on this blog represent the views of the individual authors and not Castan Centre policy. Comments are welcome, but inflammatory, offensive or irrelevant comments will be removed.