By Erica Contini Like any good citizen, I voice my opinion on issues that are important to me by writing to my elected representatives in congress. Lucky for me, I am a US citizen and therefore have the constitutionally protected right to do just that. Even luckier, I generally think I can do so without […]
Author Archives | Erica Contini
About Erica Contini
About the Castan Centre
Based in the Law Faculty at Monash University in Melbourne, Australia, the Castan Centre seeks to promote and protect human rights through policy, public education, research and student programs.
Visit our main site
Donate to the Castan Centre
Four out of every five dollars we raise comes from fundraising. Would you like to know more about our work?
Yes, I want to find out more
- Thanks to everyone for another fantastic biennial dinner last night. Special thanks to @TheClaireHooper for a great hosting job. 1 day ago
- Our Gala dinner is tonight! have a look at the list of amazing auction and raffle items on offer ow.ly/Dc4AT 2 days ago
- RT @profsarahj: Last auction item for @castancentre dinner has been locked in. You can bid now for dinner with Tony Jones, and I will take … 2 days ago
- RT @MsCastan: Check out the Ultimate Human Rights Library Collection at our @CastanCentre fundraiser auction: law.monash.edu.au/castancentre/p… 2 days ago
- The 2nd Annual National Indigenous Career Advancement Forum - Sydney November 2014 ow.ly/zWXAp #indigenous #employment #retention 2 days ago
- Jeopardising access to justice for people experiencing mental illness
- M47 Case – High Court Rules that Refusal of Refugee Protection is not ASIO's Job
- Extradition and Mutual Assistance Changes Slip in under the Radar
- The High Court's Sri Lanka asylum seeker case: the legal issues
- The High Court reminds us that immigration detention is not simply at the government’s pleasure
- Humanitarian Intervention in Libya
- Transparency and accountability – is the UN leading by example?
- Open letter to the Attorney-General regarding the Optional Protocol to the Convention against Torture
- Hurting the most vulnerable: the Disability Discrimination Act does not apply to immigration law
- Explainer: Does Cambodia refugee deal comply with the convention?